Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fossils and Visual Design

It is not a particularly inspired title for today's post. This semester I am taking a course on introductory visual design through the U of A's faculty of extension - I figure that scientists need some graphical literacy in addition to numerical literacy and regular ol' literacy literacy. But I'm cheating a little: I'm having fun with fossils and science in my art class. Here's a few things I've made over the last few weeks:



Learning about the value scale with ammolited ammonites!



A series of quickie paintings to study negative and positive space AND the analogous colour scale.




And my favourite so far, a piece inspired while learning about line. This wasn't strictly homework, but I had done a similar one of a pear (our homework was to draw four different versions of said pair) and wanted to do something slightly more awesome. I think Styracosaurus lends itself quite nicely to funky lines!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see some of the art work. I agree with you that Styracosaurus did lend itself nicely to funky lines.

    ReplyDelete