Thursday, April 15, 2010

What I've been up to.

To get this blog warmed up, I thought I would post a few pictures about my ankylosaur-related travels from the past few years. I've had the opportunity to visit museums in several different countries now. Today I will start close to home with some pictures from the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta, which I've visited several times now both for fun and work.


These first photos are from way back in fall 2006, just after I had moved to Alberta. The museum has changed in many ways since that first visit, including the placement of the statues out front.


Run away!


This is a photo of one of several extinct exhibits (did you see what I did there? eh?) that have been replaced recently. Extreme Dinosaurs showed some of the cool finds, mostly theropods if I recall correctly, from the Sino-Canadian Dinosaur Project. This fella is Sinraptor. I liked the blue and purple lighting.


Although this post is somewhat theropod-heavy, pachycephalosaurs are one of my favourite groups. I think this is one of the only models of a Stegoceras that I know of, and it's a shame it's not on display anymore.


Finally, we'll end with a shot of the Triassic Hall, now inhabited by the stupendous Shonisaurus sikanniensis. This hall had a great diversity of skulls and mounts; in this photo we've got Dilophosaurus and Heterodontosaurus.

No comments:

Post a Comment